1. They don’t have time
2. They don’t have computer skills; some learners don’t have access to a computer
3. They’re worried about taking time from work
4. They have to use their own personal time from work and they resent it
5. Their employer is not going to support the time they need to have off from work for this qualification
6. It is difficult to organize small groups to teach DL and impossible to teach one to one (no collaborative learning)
7. Look at the jobs our WBL’s have, Hospitality (November, December and January is a bit of a bust because of holidays – so little contact with our learners then).
8. DL delivery needs consistent time for delivery. Our WBL’s are not always able to commit to a set time for several weeks in order to pass this qualification.
9. I could go on and on and no doubt there are some WBL Assessors that can add to the list; I wish you would.
The Pros list is just too small to create at this moment so I am not going to bother (sorry).